I’m a Mother of three older boys who are all self-sufficient at this time in their lives. However, there was a time when they were totally and completely dependent on me for EVERYTHING. As a result I had ZERO time for doing my hair and makeup!
I came across the brand Mommy Makeup by way of a Facebook ad a few months ago. I was really intrigued by the name (how cute…right?!) because even though my boys are older and aren’t that dependent on me anymore, I still struggle with having the time to do my makeup in the morning!
The ad included a video of the owner of the brand (she is ADORABLE!) applying a full-face of makeup in 6-7 minutes! I thought there was no way this was really possible, but it was, so I decided to give it a try!
In this blog I will review a few of the products I have tried. I will go over price, packaging, product quality and will offer my overall thoughts & opinions of the brand. So, let’s go ahead and jump in! 🙂
Mineral Dual Powder Foundation
I have to be honest in saying that I’m not usually a fan of powder foundations because they tend to settle in all of my fine lines & my not-so fine lines (haha) and make me look older. (NOT a good look for me! lol)
That being said, I do enjoy using power foundations as finishing powders as they provide an extra level of coverage, which I definitely need because I have a lot of redness and blotchy patches on my skin. And I especially prefer pressed powders over loose powders because they are less messy!
Mommy Makeup’s Mineral Dual Powder Foundation is oil-free, talc-free, fragrance-free, paraben-free, non-comodegenic, contain SPF 15 and is made in the USA! This foundation is perfect for sensitive skin like mine as I break out super-easily!
The foundation is available in six versatile shades:
- BABY’s BREATH (Extra Light) – For the fairest of the fair.
- LULLABY (Light) – For porcelain to very fair complexions. This is the color I chose. It’s perfect for skin like mine that burns ALL THE TIME!
- CUDDLE (Light/Medium) – For light to medium complexions. (This is where most women fall)
- DUE DATE (Medium) – For medium complexions. Tans easily in the sun. (So the total opposite of me! lol)
- CRAVING (Medium/Dark) – For tan to caramel complexions.
- PUDDIN’ (Dark) – For darker complexions.
The cost is $36.00, but you only need a small amount of product so it will last you a really long time!
Mommy’s Little Helper Concealer
How freaking ADORABLE is the name of this concealer?! SERIOUSLY! It makes me think of little elves running around with makeup brushes! 🙂
My relationship with concealers is about the same as my relationship with powder foundations in that they usually settle in my wrinkles (saying that word hurts me lol). However, THIS concealer doesn’t do that on me because it is talc-free! It actually covers my under eye dark circles without looking cakey or making me look older!
Mommy Makeup’s Mommy’s Little Helper Concealer is actually a 3-in-1 product. This concealer can be used as an eye shadow base, to hide under eye dark circles and to hide imperfections on the face.
Just like the mineral powder foundation, the concealer is talc-free, paraben free and oil-free and is available in five different shades:
- BRIGHT EYED (Light) – For porcelain to fair skin tones
- SLEEPING BEAUTY (Light/Medium)– For fair to light skin tones
- RESTED (Medium) – For light to medium skin tones
- SLEPT WELL (Medium/Dark) – For tan to caramel skin tones
- GOOD NIGHT (Dark) – For darker skin tones
The cost of this concealer is $17.00, but just like the mineral powder foundation you only need a tiny amount of product, so it will last forever. This really applies to all of Mommy Makeup’s products.
Any Wear Creme
I’m definitely a girl that loves multi-functional products, and that’s what I love most about the Mommy Makeup products. The Any Wear Creme is another multi-functional product.
Any Wear Creme is a creme-to-powder product that can be used on the eyes as eye shadow, on the cheeks as blush, and on the lips as lipstick!
This product is long-wearing, water-proof and smudge-proof, which is PERFECT for on-the-go Mommies who don’t have any time to re-do or touch up their makeup! Like all Mommy Makeup products, the Any Wear Creme is oil-free and paraben-free and is available in 15 GORGEOUS shades:
- Cashmere – Pale bisque (matte)
- Cameo – A light nude pink
- Nudetrality – A warm nude (matte)
- Champagne on Ice – Champagne (shimmer)
- Starlight – A pale icy beige (shimmer)
- Brighten Up – A warm cream (matte)
- Prosecco – A pale white gold (shimmer)
- Elsa – A pale lilac (shimmer)
- Pink Icing – A pale pink (pearlized)
- Crystal – A pale pewter (shimmer)
- Anna – A warm rosy beige (matte)
- Golden Caramel – A caramel brown with golden shimmer
- Hot Fudge – A milk chocolate brown with copper shimmer
- Duchess – A Peachy Rose with a Silver Sheen
- Misty Mocha – A Cool Mocha Beige (matte)
The cost of the Any Wear Creme’s is $22.00. (Prosecco is my favorite, although I only wear this shade on my eyes.)
Triple Sticks Lipstick & Cream Blush
The last Mommy Makeup product I’m going to talk about is the Triple Sticks Lipstick & Cream Blush…yet another multi-tasking product!
This product is moisturizing and conditioning on your lips (they contain shea and cocoa butters) and provides medium coverage so it looks very natural.
The best part is the Triple Sticks don’t ever have to be sharpened! All you have to do is twist them up when you need more product.
I keep one in my purse all the time! They’re perfect for a quick hint of color on my lips and cheeks (I’ve even used the product on my eyes though it’s not advertised as being used that way)…especially on days when I haven’t had time to apply any makeup!
The Triple Sticks are available in 10 perfectly wearable shades:
- Riley Love – a pinky peach (shimmer)
- Penelope – a medium tea rose pink
- Pink Daisy – a daisy pink (shimmer)
- Taylor – a pinky red with a subtle sheen
- Pixie – a pale nude apricot
- Really Rosie – a bright rose pink
- Nectar – a soft neutral coral
- Daisy Glow – a neutral golden pink (shimmer)
- Gigi – A plum brown with golden sheen
- Tess – A muted rose
The cost of the Triple Sticks is $17.50. I’ve only tried Daisy Glow so far, but I’m definitely going to order more shades!
What Do I Really Think?
I must say I was very pleasantly surprised by all the Mommy Makeup products I tried!
The quality of these products is phenomenal, and the price point is pretty affordable. I love the brand name and what they stand for, and I will DEFINITELY be trying more products.
As always, feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions, have a product you’d like me to review or if you have an idea for a future post!
***When you buy something from this website, I may receive an affiliate commission. These are my opinions and are not representative of the companies that create these products. My reviews are based on my personal own experience and research. I never recommend poor quality products, or create false reviews to make sales. It is my intention to explain products so you can make an informed decisions on which ones suit your needs best.