This post is all about Makeup Revolution’s Emily Edit The Wants eye shadow palette! 🙂
Like most beauty bloggers, I watch a TON of makeup videos on YouTube! I first discovered Emily Noel’s channel about seven years ago when I was searching YouTube for eye shadow tutorial videos.
I liked her instantly and decided to subscribe to her channel. Her’s was the first YouTube channel all about beauty I every subscribed to! Her genuineness, positive attitude, love for her family and beauty product knowledge blew me away! 🙂 I began watching every video she posted, and I was learning so much about makeup!
Fast-forward to 2018. Emily kept hinting about some very exciting news on her YouTube channel and on her social media accounts. I was definitely intrigued and extremely excited for Emily! When I watched the YT video about Emily’s collaboration with Makeup Revolution, I was so insanely happy for her and couldn’t wait to own both of the palettes!
In this post, I’m going to focus on The Wants eye shadow palette. (I’ll make a post about The Needs palette at a later date). As always, I will talk about the pricing, the packaging, the eye shadows themselves and will give you my overall thoughts and opinions of the palette.
So…let’s get to it! 🙂
How Much Is This Palette?
The price of this 24 shade eye shadow palette starts at $20.00 depending on where you purchase it! Guys…that is $0.83 per eye shadow! That is CRAZY especially for how high quality the eye shadows are!
Let’s Talk Packaging!
This palette made of a sturdy and quite heavy light peachy pink plastic. There is a mirror on the inside, and it’s MASSIVE and very good quality! The mirror actually takes up the entire inside of the lid! Emily’s signature is “written” on the top of the palette in rose gold.
The Gorgeous Eye Shadows!
This is my FAVORITE part!
The Wants palette contains 24 eye shadows! There is a mix of satin, shimmer and matte shades. What I love so much about this eye shadow palette is that Emily gave each shade a name that’s very personal to her. 🙂
- The Cream – white cream, matte finish
- Midwest – light tan, matte finish
- Oh Heavens! – beige cream, satin finish
- Cupcake – peach, satin finish (one of my favorites!)
- Hobby – light brown, matte finish
- Dues Paid – red brick, matte finish
- LoveTons – plum, matte finish
- Laughcry – blood orange, matte finish
- Prayer – sepia brown, matte finish
- Eve Rose – light lilac with a gold shift, satin finish (another favorite!)
- Pizzazz – maroon purple, shimmer finish (you guessed it…a favorite haha!)
- Cheer – maroon, matte finish
- Grateful – lime green, shimmer finish (MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!!)
- Belle Violet – lavender, shimmer finish
- Family – deep purple, matte finish
- Heartbeat – chestnut, shimmer finish
- Good Vibes – rich copper, shimmer finish
- Capricorn – mocha brown, satin finish
- Top Story – gold, shimmer finish
- Corduroy – emerald green, matte finish
- Side Hustle – khaki green with a gold shift, shimmer finish (this is SUCH a cool shade!)
- Pi Phi – plum purple, matte finish
- Apartment – wood brown, matte finish
- Dark & Early – black, matte finish
Now let’s talk about the quality of these eye shadows. If you know anything about Emily, you know she would never accept anything less than amazing, and that’s exactly what the quality of these eye shadows are!
The matte shadows are smooth, pigmented and blend so easily! The shimmer and satin shades are smooth, pigmented and there is hardly any fall out with these shades! I would recommend using an eye shadow primer, but I always recommend that no matter what eye shadows I’m applying.
Overall, I think this palette is pretty much perfect! There are several awesome transition/crease shades, GORGEOUS lid shades that will add some shimmer to your eye look, outer-corner shades to darken up your look or even give you a smokey eye look and a perfect brow bone shade.
What I Really Think…
This palette is a MUST purchase if you’re a lover of awesome quality and affordable eye shadow palettes! You’ll also be supporting a phenomenal beauty blogger! Also, be sure to check out Emily’s YouTube channel, but be warned…you will be hooked instantly! 🙂
As always, feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions, have an idea for a future post or if you have a product or brand you would like me to review! 🙂
***When you buy something from this website, I may receive an affiliate commission. These are my opinions and are not representative of the companies that create these products. My reviews are based on my personal own experience and research. I never recommend poor quality products, or create false reviews to make sales. It is my intention to explain products so you can make an informed decisions on which ones suit your needs best.